The Student Room Group

Clearing, specifically with Comp Sci but its a general question.

Im curious to know what kind of offers universities give during clearing. Reason being, if i entered clearing, which would be if i exceeded my predicted, would i be offered for example, GCSE at grade 5 rather than 6?

Im sure it varies depending on Uni, but if you know anything about it let me know, thanks!
Original post by LeviLM
Im curious to know what kind of offers universities give during clearing. Reason being, if i entered clearing, which would be if i exceeded my predicted, would i be offered for example, GCSE at grade 5 rather than 6?

Im sure it varies depending on Uni, but if you know anything about it let me know, thanks!

GCSE grades wont change. Where a course requires a specific GCSE grade usually Maths the university considers it essential for completion of the course and if you dont have it they will automatically reject.

For some courses typically CS, Economics, Business, Psychology and similar courses there is a high Maths content and that is why there is a specific Maths requirement. If you dont have that you will be better looking at a different course which doesnt involve Maths. You wont be made a lower Maths offer during clearing for the above reason.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending