The Student Room Group

how to go vegan

hiii, im not necessarily going to go vegan but i am curious as to what you eat and why did you go vegan?
To sum it up, I'm vegan for my health (e.g. eating dairy makes me feel awful but I'm not lactose intolerant or anything), for the animals and for the environment. I eat a lot of fruit, veg, beans, carbs like pasta, cous cous, noodles, bread and rice, and nut butter (I'm obsessed). :smile:
Original post by ecoworrier
To sum it up, I'm vegan for my health (e.g. eating dairy makes me feel awful but I'm not lactose intolerant or anything), for the animals and for the environment. I eat a lot of fruit, veg, beans, carbs like pasta, cous cous, noodles, bread and rice, and nut butter (I'm obsessed). :smile:

What is nut butter and where can you get that/
Original post by Kutie Karen
What is nut butter and where can you get that/

Nut butters like peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butters are found in most supermarkets. The best brands are WholeEarth, Pip and Nut and Meridian, especially as they either don't use palm oil or use sustainable palm oil. They're thick and creamy and very versatile :smile:
Original post by ecoworrier
Nut butters like peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butters are found in most supermarkets. The best brands are WholeEarth, Pip and Nut and Meridian, especially as they either don't use palm oil or use sustainable palm oil. They're thick and creamy and very versatile :smile:

thanks. is it used in cooking or to spread on toast
Original post by Kutie Karen
thanks. is it used in cooking or to spread on toast

Yes

Spoiler

Original post by bl0bf1sh
Yes

Spoiler

thanks will give it a go
I'm 'flexitarian' but pretty much entirely vegetarian. A big reason was that I found I enjoyed the taste of quorn much more than the taste of meat - I make every dish with quorn pieces instead of chicken for instance. I don't feel like I need it in my diet and if it helps the environment (it does), that's another positive. I'm not super strict with myself and I make bigger and bigger changes. It's an enjoyable lifestyle and doesn't feel like a chore.
I went vegan because I think harm and exploitation when unnecessary is cruel and wanted to align my actions with my morals.

I eat a variety of food such as curries, pizzas, burgers, legumes, vegetables, fruits, potatoes, mushrooms, mock meats etc.

Quick Reply

Latest