The Student Room Group

Do creative course go on clearing?

Ive always been into art and I do digital art as a hobby but I decided not to do it for A level for a number of reasons.

I applied to study Marketing and told myself I can always do graphic design type stuff on the side but now Im panicked and thinking Maybe i should have applied for some kind of design course for uni.

Do creative courses (that require a portfolio submission) go on clearing? Or is it a less common thing if they do?
Original post by icelatte
Ive always been into art and I do digital art as a hobby but I decided not to do it for A level for a number of reasons.

I applied to study Marketing and told myself I can always do graphic design type stuff on the side but now Im panicked and thinking Maybe i should have applied for some kind of design course for uni.

Do creative courses (that require a portfolio submission) go on clearing? Or is it a less common thing if they do?

I've just done a quick search on UCAS for Fine Art and then Graphic Design, filtering for courses with vacancies, and lots of courses are still open to applications. If you have a portfolio ready, you could apply now through Extra rather than waiting for clearing. You would need to decline your current offers to use Extra, so you must be certain that you want to change course.
Creative courses do go into clearing and don't necessary ask for art A level but you will need a portfolio of work you can share with them. Not sure if they will ask for that in clearing but may be wise to photograph your portfolio and have it handy to send during clearing week.

Quick Reply

Latest