The Student Room Group

Help with picking a firm/insurance

I am planning on going on a gap year, but I applied this year anyways (haven't recieved all my decisions yet). Which uni is better for biochemistry, Edinburgh or Warwick? I've done some research and spoken to some people and all I've gotten are mixed responses so was hoping anyone here could help me out.
Original post by pigeonwarrior
I am planning on going on a gap year, but I applied this year anyways (haven't recieved all my decisions yet). Which uni is better for biochemistry, Edinburgh or Warwick? I've done some research and spoken to some people and all I've gotten are mixed responses so was hoping anyone here could help me out.

Nobody can answer this and as you have found out people will have different opinions, There isnt a better university. What is right for one person is wrong for amother.

View the course modules to see which you prefer, Do you want an old established university in the centre of a city or a modern campus university several miles out.

Only you can decide on these. You need to decide which one is right for YOU.
Which course do you prefer - look at the optional units for all years of each course.
Any extras on offer like study abroad or a placement - these add heaps to your graduate CV.
Look at the Open Days / campus tour films on You Tube, and the 'tourist' films for each place - where can you see yourself living for 3 years.
Thank you everyone! I was wondering though which one is more prestigious as I would prefer that to be completely honest!
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Thank you everyone! I was wondering though which one is more prestigious as I would prefer that to be completely honest!

Prestigious is very misleading. League tables will give you different answers as it depends on how the measure things. Prestige doesnt help you enjoy the course. The happier you the more likely to get a good degree. It is totally meaningless and not a way to decide on a degree. The difference between the top 20 or so university is marginal and not worth considering.
Original post by swanseajack1
Prestigious is very misleading. League tables will give you different answers as it depends on how the measure things. Prestige doesnt help you enjoy the course. The happier you the more likely to get a good degree. It is totally meaningless and not a way to decide on a degree. The difference between the top 20 or so university is marginal and not worth considering.

Ahh yes, that's very true! Thank youu for your response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending