The Student Room Group

Can I transfer to a different uni same course ?

I will be going to university of Suffolk but that wasn’t my first choice . Is it possible to transfer to another uni same course but transfer into the second year or would I have to start form first year again ?
Original post by PAalevels
I will be going to university of Suffolk but that wasn’t my first choice . Is it possible to transfer to another uni same course but transfer into the second year or would I have to start form first year again ?

Generally universities dont accept universities especially if it is an upgrade. Where it is allowed you usually need to meet the entry requirement eg A level grades, have a set percentage in your degree course and the courses need to be similar in terms of modules. It isnt a good idea to start somewhere with the intention for this reason as you may not get the transfer.

If you are interested in transferring discuss this now to see whether the university will accept it.

Sometimes it will be a year 2 transfer but more often it will be year 1 if at all.
You will usually require the same A level grades as that Uni's 1st year entrants - ie. you can't use a transfer to upgrade to a Uni that you couldnt have actually got into for Year 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending