The Student Room Group

Assignments

Anyone else stuck with their Assignments like me 😓 doing child nursing
Original post by Vesha
Anyone else stuck with their Assignments like me 😓 doing child nursing

What year are you in? What are you stuck on? Have you accessed any support services at your university yet?
Reply 2
2 year not yet
Original post by Vesha
2 year not yet

You've not mentioned where you get stuck. Is it structuring the essay? Is it referencing? Are you finding the essay questions unclear?

There's lots of help in university to guide you towards successful acadmeic writing, it's a skill that can be learnt, it can sometimes just take a while.

With referencing and structure, critical analysis etc, your university should have an academic skills department of some sort, they often help with these sorts of things. Your lecturers or library staff will know how to find these services within your own university.

Library staff are also great for help with referncing and searching literature, they often put on tutorials to help with searching literature for your writing and in my experience can be really helpful when you've got questions around searching literature or are stuggling to find a particular reference.

If you're finding the essay question unclear or ambiguous, then approaching your module lead who has set the assignment is your best bet to start with.

Lots of people struggle with academic writing initially, you're not alone in this. I used to hate writing essays, now I'm up to my neck in a huge masters dissertation so I must be a glutton for punishment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending