The Student Room Group

fashion marketing degree

ive been considering taking a fashion marketing degree at university, the subjects i am currently studying are A level textiles,business and psychology. I was wondering if it is important for me to take a art foundation course in order to get offers from the best universities in fashion?
Original post by tr111n
ive been considering taking a fashion marketing degree at university, the subjects i am currently studying are A level textiles,business and psychology. I was wondering if it is important for me to take a art foundation course in order to get offers from the best universities in fashion?

As far as I know, you don't need specific A Levels to do a fashion markeing degree. The degree is primarily marketing in a fashion context i.e. it's more about business than fashion, so you shouldn't need an arts A Level or course of any description to get onto the degree.
If you want to do a degree in fashion design, then you might need to look at an art/design course for the top end degrees but even then I think that's a bit of a stretch.

There aren't that many universities in the UK that offer fashion marketing. Have you looked at the entry requirements for those specific degrees?

Quick Reply

Latest