Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

I’m a speech and language therapy student - ask me anything

:smile: I’m a first year student at Manchester Met
Feel free to ask me anything about the course
Best wishes
Emily <3
Reply 1
Hello, I was wondering what your timetable looked like in your first year. I know it varies between universities but I know it is an intense course so wondered how many days a week you are in and what the hours are like. Thank you.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Hello! I’m actually thinking of choosing MMU for Msc SALT. Wanted to ask a few questions

1) how’s the course like? what aspects do you enjoy about it and what aspects do you not?
2) Is there any medical science/anatomy sections of the course?
3) Is the support good?
Original post by sk_9898
Hello, I was wondering what your timetable looked like in your first year. I know it varies between universities but I know it is an intense course so wondered how many days a week you are in and what the hours are like. Thank you.

Hi @sk_9898

You are right. SLT is quite an intense course. The hours differ depending on the week but this first year I’m either in every day ( mon-frid ) or I get Wednesday off ! I’m normally in from 10 - 3/4 but it differs everyday ! Compared to other courses we have a lot of placement even in first year! I have had 2 placements already and 2 coming up. This means our term time is often longer as you would stay and do the placements!
Hope this helps

Emily <3
Original post by safiifufu
Hello! I’m actually thinking of choosing MMU for Msc SALT. Wanted to ask a few questions

1) how’s the course like? what aspects do you enjoy about it and what aspects do you not?
2) Is there any medical science/anatomy sections of the course?
3) Is the support good?

Hi there
I couldn’t recommend this course more ! What made you want to do SALT? I absolutely love the stammering topic, it’s so interesting see the influencing factors and understand the right terminology to use when addressing someone with a stammer. I also enjoyed the clin Ed topic, as you get to go out IN FIRST YEAR and already begin to start experiencing life as an SLT ( student ) it’s fab ! I’m really excited for the brain trauma topic, as that’s an area I’m not too familiar with and I’d love to learn more.

interestingly, I’ve just finished my anatomy exam ! It was tricky but uni generally is ! We only have one biology/ anatomy module in the first year. It’s pretty big but lots of its building on things you might of seen in high school biology? I didn’t love biology at school but actually really enjoyed it at uni.

the support on the course is fantastic. We all have a personal tutor each who we can call and chat to. They are fab at sorting out any issues you might be struggling with on the course !
Hope this helps

Emily <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending