The Student Room Group

Reading University MSc Speech and Language Therapy Thread 2023

Hi!
I wanted to start a thread for applicants for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy in 2023. I have posted on other threads but I feel like a lot of Uni's are in one place and it is hard to filter through. Just thought it would be nice to say hi before the course starts :smile:
Original post by s_rutter97
Hi!
I wanted to start a thread for applicants for the MSc Speech and Language Therapy in 2023. I have posted on other threads but I feel like a lot of Uni's are in one place and it is hard to filter through. Just thought it would be nice to say hi before the course starts :smile:

Hello @s_rutter97 , this is a great idea! It was definitely good to do a seperate thread because now other people can see this thread and ask any questions or like you said it gives you a chance to meet the other people who will be on your course! Because I found it was helpful knowing some of the people who is on the course because it relaxed my nerves a bit about coming to the University. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about the University or the course.

Owain :smile:
2nd year Mathematics and Economics student
Hi!
I'll be studying the MSc Speech and language therapy at the university of reading this september too. I was trying to gather some more information regarding lectures and placements etc, and whether anyone knows what the contact time is like for the MSc (lectures everyday? 9-5 type thing?). I'm quite an anxious person anyway, so I like to know as much as I can before starting anywhere new :smile:
Original post by louloulou1998
Hi!
I'll be studying the MSc Speech and language therapy at the university of reading this september too. I was trying to gather some more information regarding lectures and placements etc, and whether anyone knows what the contact time is like for the MSc (lectures everyday? 9-5 type thing?). I'm quite an anxious person anyway, so I like to know as much as I can before starting anywhere new :smile:

Hey @louloulou1998

I totally get the anxiety - I was the exact same (and still am if I'm starting anything new!), so don't worry, that's so normal! If you have any concerns or anything, please let us know and we'd be more than happy to try and answer as best we can to ease the anxiety.

I do MSci, so the way my lectures are programmed are slightly different to the MSc, but I would say to assume that you are likely to be in around 9-5 most days (some lectures go til 6pm, just to be aware), but hopefully things won't be that intense every single day, however, I think you can probably expect that for most days though due to the amount you guys have to fit into the course length. You could chat to Alice, who is a current MSc SLT student here at Reading and will be able to give you a better insight into what the course structure is like for MSc.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know regarding lectures and placements that I can help with?

I'm sure you will be absolutely fine though and if you have any concerns along the way, the tutors are super approachable and lovely, and my experience of MSci and the cohort of MSc that we sometimes have lectures with has been nothing but positive and everyone is so willing to help one another and support each other which really makes it much easier to settle as it definitely can be overwhelming at times so having good peers to turn to is super helpful!

Anything you want to know specifically though, please just ask and I am more than happy to try and help!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Reply 4
Original post by louloulou1998
Hi!

Hi there, I am a 2nd year MSc SLT student at reading and am about to finish my studies. You are likely to be on campus everyday from 9-5 or 9-6 for the first few terms. When placements start the timetable changes a little but still requires to be on campus most of the time! Am happy to answer any other questions you might have :smile:
Original post by Caspea2110
Hi there, I am a 2nd year MSc SLT student at reading and am about to finish my studies. You are likely to be on campus everyday from 9-5 or 9-6 for the first few terms. When placements start the timetable changes a little but still requires to be on campus most of the time! Am happy to answer any other questions you might have :smile:

Thanks so much for your help and insight @Caspea2110! :smile:
Hope this is helpful @louloulou1998 ^. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending