The Student Room Group

this doesn't seem right to me

Hi, recently I have been speaking to this guy whom I thought was in year 12 (16 on going 17 soon) and I assumed it because of how mature he is and how old he looked too. He also knew I am 18 turning 19 this year and he ends up just telling me he is 16 but in year 11. It is so embarrassing, why on earth would he not tell me sooner?
He keeps saying how he's mature for his age and acts like a 20 year old and he looks older. He says he is fine with talking to me and he likes older women anyway. Isn't this so wrong?
He says he is legal and age is just a number but he is 16 not 17 or 18.
What do I do or say to him? I think the best thing to do is talk to him and block.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, recently I have been speaking to this guy whom I thought was in year 12 (16 on going 17 soon) and I assumed it because of how mature he is and how old he looked too. He also knew I am 18 turning 19 this year and he ends up just telling me he is 16 but in year 11. It is so embarrassing, why on earth would he not tell me sooner?
He keeps saying how he's mature for his age and acts like a 20 year old and he looks older. He says he is fine with talking to me and he likes older women anyway. Isn't this so wrong?
He says he is legal and age is just a number but he is 16 not 17 or 18.
What do I do or say to him? I think the best thing to do is talk to him and block.

It is wrong that he lied to you about his age. But if he's genuine id give him a shot. But only if you really like him. Other than that I'd tel him," I really just wanna be friends because your a little young for me"
I really just suggest you follow your gut, but also your heart. Because you don't wanna regret what could've been, or what couldn't have.
Original post by V0ID
It is wrong that he lied to you about his age. But if he's genuine id give him a shot. But only if you really like him. Other than that I'd tel him," I really just wanna be friends because your a little young for me"
I really just suggest you follow your gut, but also your heart. Because you don't wanna regret what could've been, or what couldn't have.

Yh i agree, but im in uni year (im not acc at uni) and he is in GCSE year so Im going to have to un add him or just be online mates i suppose but he keeps saying how hes mature and he doesnt seem to want to just be mates as he finds that being mates with a girl online is strange. Not sure on what to do but ill make a decision tonight but most likely going to cut him off
Reply 3
Just dropping in to say that lying about such a significant thing as age does not indicate the emotional maturity required for a relationship, or meet the level of respect that he should be showing you. Personally a difference between a person in Secondary School and someone approaching their 20's is such a monumental life gap that can't be expressed by just saying 'it's x amount of years between us'. He won't have had that Summer after leaving school to face the real world, he won't be able to buy a pint, he won't be able to drive, or buy a lottery ticket, he can't vote or do a lot of things that an 'adult' can do. Looking a certain way doesn't mean anything and in terms of 'acting older', from what you've said he's acted his age perfectly, he's lied about something important and expects that to be fine just as a young teenager would. My advice would be to steer well clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending