The Student Room Group

having s** with other girls during the talking stage

i’ve only been speaking to this guy for maybe 2 weeks and he told me 2 now he’s had s** with a girl during.

the other day he hung up the phone w me then picked a girl up. yesterday he was gonna call me but didn’t and didn’t reply to any messsgwes. he called me at 1am (once he got back and was bored again) but i hung up. today he said he’s allowed to f*ck who he wants since we’re not together. that’s true but i’m still so mad. at the least he shouldn’t be telling me this.

i’m trying to make it into not a big deal cuz we’re not serious but he admitted that if we were dating (before rs) he’d be w other girls.

do i just block him and move on or am i being dramatic and this is completely okay?
I don't think you are being that dramatic and I don't think it's completely okay. I think it might be okay as you've only been speaking for 2 weeks but is it like everyday for two weeks? What do you really talk about? Also yes I would've done the same and hung up on him if he only called me because he was 'bored'. You seem like you want a relationship with this guy but I feel like it's good he's being honest but is he being a bit too honest? yes. I think you should see how it plays out I don't think he's someone who wants to be in a 'conventional'/ 'normal' as in monogamous as he said if you were going to date he'd be with other girls. I think what you need to decide on is whether you are going to be okay when he is with other girls - if you were to be in a relationship. If not then block and move on.
Whilst there shouldn't really be any expectation that you're exclusive at this early stage, the way he has communicated this has flagged his as a dingbat.

I'd block and move on.
Play on playa , play on
(edited 1 year ago)
This "talking stage" thing is a Gen Z creation - and it is just trying to apply meaning to something that didn't have meaning. Before this, you were either in a relationship or you weren't anything at all. By that way of looking at things, you're not his anything and vice versa. You're single. He's single. If he wants to sleep with another person that is his perogative. Being transparent and telling you is better than lying about it.

If you want an exclusive relationship, you need to ask for it. Right now you don't have much place for getting mad because you're not together in any sense.
Reply 5
The “talking stage” is complete bs, it’s a social construct. Block him and move on, he clearly isn’t serious about you and isn’t serious about a committed relationship. You’re not being dramatic, you have the right to express what you’re looking for in a relationship, and he is NOT it. Please, move on and block him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending