The Student Room Group

Applying for a Masters in Statistics but scored poorly on one course, explain is SOP?

Hi all, I am keen in applying for MSc Statistics but I have done poorly for one very relevant/important course as I fell sick on the day of my exams. I am worried that this is going to look poorly on my proficiency in the subject.

Now the grade I got for this module is going to stick out like a sore thumb in my transcript. Should I explain that I was sick on the day of the exam on my statement of purpose / personal statement, or should I not mention about it at all?
Original post by eraserpencil
Hi all, I am keen in applying for MSc Statistics but I have done poorly for one very relevant/important course as I fell sick on the day of my exams. I am worried that this is going to look poorly on my proficiency in the subject.

Now the grade I got for this module is going to stick out like a sore thumb in my transcript. Should I explain that I was sick on the day of the exam on my statement of purpose / personal statement, or should I not mention about it at all?

Better if you can to ask one of your referee's to mention it.
I agree, better to have the ref explain the anomaly rather than use up your wordcount.
Original post by threeportdrift
Better if you can to ask one of your referee's to mention it.

Original post by Admit-One
I agree, better to have the ref explain the anomaly rather than use up your wordcount.

Thank you, I have never thought of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending