The Student Room Group

how to make more Muslim friends??

Hi everyone I am a Muslim and I’ve recently also began praying. I am only 16 and have grown up in a Muslim household but not a very strict one (parents didn’t force prayer upon us so didn’t teach as well). I am getting much closer to deen and would want to surround myself with more likeminded and so as I’m a female I would want to make more female Muslim friends who are close with their deen as I would hope to even wear the hijab in the future the more I get closer to deen. What’s a way I can make and find more Muslim friends my age?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hailey629
Hi everyone I am a Muslim and I’ve recently also began praying. I am only 16 and have grown up in a Muslim household but not a very strict one (parents didn’t force prayer upon us so didn’t teach as well). I am getting much closer to deen and would want to surround myself with more likeminded and so as I’m a female I would want to make more female Muslim friends who are close with their deen as I would hope to even wear the hijab in the future the more I get closer to deen. What’s a way I can make and find more Muslim friends my age?

Asalaamu Alaikum sister, I would suggest looking into any sisters circles and groups in your area by enquiring from local Masjids/Islamic centres. They normally run Muslim women's groups and they will be able to connect you with any circles, activities and events they have on and that way you can meet like minded sisters Insha Allah. Ask of Allah for good company and to enable you to become closer to him and to be able to fully immerse yourself into the Deen as Allah has ordained for us to do. However please bare in mind that it is not just "practising" that matters but that the character of those sisters is also good as in they do not overly gossip. backbite, slander, lie, cheat, talk about boys or have boyfriends etc. Good character is the most important aspect of a practising person and is essential attribute to look for in the company we keep.
Reply 2
Original post by StraightPath81
Asalaamu Alaikum sister, I would suggest looking into any sisters circles and groups in your area by enquiring from local Masjids/Islamic centres. They normally run Muslim women's groups and they will be able to connect you with any circles, activities and events they have on and that way you can meet like minded sisters Insha Allah. Ask of Allah for good company and to enable you to become closer to him and to be able to fully immerse yourself into the Deen as Allah has ordained for us to do. However please bare in mind that it is not just "practising" that matters but that the character of those sisters is also good as in they do not overly gossip. backbite, slander, lie, cheat, talk about boys or have boyfriends etc. Good character is the most important aspect of a practising person and is essential attribute to look for in the company we keep.

Thank you! I wish to go to the local mosque to pray once I’ve memorised and am comfortable with praying publicly as I feel like I haven’t completely got it down yet. I agree as although there are some modest Muslims they tend to also do a lot of the things you mentioned and although I am currently not a hijabi I tend to not do a lot of those things. Thank you for your help!
Have you considered asking your parents whether they have some more traditionalist practicing relatives of similar age to you based on another continent or business contacts with younger relatives who would consider a long distance friendship?
If so, they could become your new penpals.
Or long distance online friends whom you can chat to over video calling and a private social media profile.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Hailey629

S-Salam Oualaykoum and Eyd Moubarrak! If your school offers a Muslim faith class, that would probably be the best way to meet other Muslims with which you could easily talk to, but if you’re looking to stretch outside of school, try your local mosque or use a local chat board like Reddit.
Reply 5
Hi everyone, in terms of family most relatives are either older or younger and so there isn’t many and some of my age are not strong with their deen so not the like minded I want. Many people from my culture tend to be more cultured then wanting to be close to their deen so it’s also hard to find some who have both as my parents also are Muslims and believe in Allah but they do not practice nor pray. In terms of my schools Islamic society it’s pretty small and they I believe only meet up for Friday prayers at lunch and I am unsure but I know the girls from my year who go to the society we just haven’t managed to get close unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending