The Student Room Group

ECG referral

Hi, so I'm a uni student and I saw my GP about a week ago and she referred me for an urgent ECG and said they'd phone me within two weeks. I haven't heard anything and I know it's only a week but I'm wondering if they sent me a letter (Currently on exam leave so I'm not actually at uni and I can't easily go back). I'm definitely over thinking this but what if they've sent a letter and I miss the appointment and get dismissed for DNA'ing. Sorry again, probs overthinking
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so I'm a uni student and I saw my GP about a week ago and she referred me for an urgent ECG and said they'd phone me within two weeks. I haven't heard anything and I know it's only a week but I'm wondering if they sent me a letter (Currently on exam leave so I'm not actually at uni and I can't easily go back). I'm definitely over thinking this but what if they've sent a letter and I miss the appointment and get dismissed for DNA'ing. Sorry again, probs overthinking

As someone who's had a lot of referrals for numerous health issues in the past year, I can say that they will likely call or text about an appointment. I didn't receive any letters about my referrals but I got text messages or emails instead. Do not worry. Maybe once it has been 2 weeks since you have seen your GP you can call to ask about your referral. That's what I did when they took longer than expected to refer me.

Quick Reply

Latest