The Student Room Group

I had an ecg a year ago but never heard back about results!

I had an ecg a year ago but never heard back about the results. Does this mean it was normal? Also, If I wanted to check it was ok know would it be possible or is it too long ago to do so now? Thank you!
Reply 1
if it was concerning they would've phoned you, but if you're worried/ still having symptoms I'd go to A&E because I went a couple of weeks ago with heart palpitations and got seen within an hour and they explained my results plus let me speak to a GP while I was there :smile:
Reply 2
Do not go to an and e. You will likely be waiting over 5 hours and they will likely not give you your ecg results there. Try calling your gp or if you had it under a consultant at the hospital, call their department.
Reply 3
Original post by CatLover1
Do not go to an and e. You will likely be waiting over 5 hours and they will likely not give you your ecg results there. Try calling your gp or if you had it under a consultant at the hospital, call their department.

I've had ECG results given at A&E. They usually discuss it straight afterwards with you and tell you whether it was concerning or not.
Reply 4
Original post by aliaa03
I've had ECG results given at A&E. They usually discuss it straight afterwards with you and tell you whether it was concerning or not.

I did it at my GP and the nurse who did it said she was sending it to the doctor to look at it but I never heard back I assume it means it was ok?
Reply 5
Original post by aliaa03
if it was concerning they would've phoned you, but if you're worried/ still having symptoms I'd go to A&E because I went a couple of weeks ago with heart palpitations and got seen within an hour and they explained my results plus let me speak to a GP while I was there :smile:

Original post by CatLover1

would it seem weird asking my GP for results a year later? I'm not really having any symptoms I just want to make sure.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
would it seem weird asking my GP for results a year later? I'm not really having any symptoms I just want to make sure.

Only a little bit. You could just phrase it along the lines of "I've just remembered I didn't hear about the results of the ECG I had a year ago. Can I just check that there was nothing of concern?"
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous

even if it does who cares, it's their job !! just say you remembered you never really heard back and even though you don't have symptoms you'd just like to check there was nothing of concern :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by aliaa03
even if it does who cares, it's their job !! just say you remembered you never really heard back and even though you don't have symptoms you'd just like to check there was nothing of concern :smile:

ok thanks I'll do that then!

Quick Reply

Latest