The Student Room Group

Will I ever get a girlfriend

26 and I still haven’t got a girlfriend almost resigning my job. Haven’t got laid in university or with a co worker. I just wish some girl come up to me and ask me out unfortunately that’s now how the world works with girls.

I’m tall talk dark and muscular. And I have two jobs now. And yet I still can’t get a girlfriend. I keep thinking to myself I’m creepy or weird to girls that’s why I get myself rejected first before even talking to them.

Is there something wrong with me?

Scroll to see replies

probably over for you, same for me
Original post by basedjoe
probably over for you, same for me

This
Original post by Anonymous
26 and I still haven’t got a girlfriend almost resigning my job. Haven’t got laid in university or with a co worker. I just wish some girl come up to me and ask me out unfortunately that’s now how the world works with girls.

I’m tall talk dark and muscular. And I have two jobs now. And yet I still can’t get a girlfriend. I keep thinking to myself I’m creepy or weird to girls that’s why I get myself rejected first before even talking to them.

Don't bother yourself too much. Just be patient. Some things come earlier in life whilst the rest takes time.

Be confident and try to find someone from your league, not better than you or less. Also, think about the approach that you might follow like whether you need to change something. You'll find her.

Good luck!
Reply 4
I would say you should just take control and try asking out a girl instead of waiting because no matter what they say in movies a lot of us are really shy. If your attractive that just makes us even more nervous to talk to you and we tend to get in our own heads and we tell our self's things like 'he probably already has a girlfriend' or 'he won't be interested in someone like me'. If you don't want to straight up ask a girl on a date try talking to her first and become friends first and then maybe make your move.
Original post by Fena
I would say you should just take control and try asking out a girl instead of waiting because no matter what they say in movies a lot of us are really shy. If your attractive that just makes us even more nervous to talk to you and we tend to get in our own heads and we tell our self's things like 'he probably already has a girlfriend' or 'he won't be interested in someone like me'. If you don't want to straight up ask a girl on a date try talking to her first and become friends first and then maybe make your move.

I completely agree with this, have you tried dating apps? Even if nothing comes out of it, it could be a good confidence boost and help you with talking to girls :smile:

If you're 26 and still not got a girl then odds are you are likely not got anything that is attracting girls that much. Just like there are girls out there that don't have much to attract guys, nothing wrong with them as a person but nothing that right in terms of being admirable to the opposite sex. For example if a girl is short, wears glasses, dweeby looking, a little stodgy looking and not that facially pretty and a bit quiet socially, well most guys would just pass over her.

Working more than the standard 40hr week to get good money isn't a bad idea as women like guts who get money in/have something going for them. That is if course a slight double edged sword in that it cuts down on the time you can date if over 40 hrs a week. On balance though better to try and get something for yourself regardless of a girl.

If you're looking for something to attract a girl then sometimes getting something like an expensive looking car can help (beyond the usual hatchback stuff) as that can kind of be like a billboard advertising to a girl that you have some go in you. Not an easy choice to spend a lot of money on I understand so kind of up to you. I think in general society is not as geared to men & women getting together as it used to be due to focus on careers and what men & women want from each other changing so can be just the way it is a bit unfortunately.
Reply 7
Because your opening post sounds desperate; you are leading with wanting sex, not a girlfriend, and your physical status and not your personality.

Do activities where you can meet like-minded women and learn to make friends with them; you need to improve your social skills and not to treat the opposite sex as there for your gratification.
You don’t want one. Expensive, needy and time consuming.
Original post by Scienceisgood
You don’t want one. Expensive, needy and time consuming.

Lol :biggrin:

Hey, I am a girl and I think you should not give up hope at all. I think you will make a great boyfriend to someone one day. I think the best way to start a relationship is through friendship, you also have to be really patient and not look for it too hard. If you meet a girl and you end up being best friends and just keep making excuses to spend more and more time together as friends it will just happen and you'll be together. Keep going gym and focusing on yourself , good hygiene and fashion sense and come across really responsible and girls will be attracted for sure and will first of all just want to be your friend.
Yes as said above, it's probably over for you - unless you make massive changes. That would be asking girls out, which once you've done it once or twice is actually easy and empowering. But you have to choose well, i.e. only ever ask a girl out who shows interest in you and you also like, and it is important not to worry about any knock backs, rejections (which, unfortunately, can sometimes be pretty brutal - there are two kinds of rejection, girls that let you down gently and girls that ghost you or tell you where to go) and dates that don't go well.

there is absolutely something something wrong with you. are you trying to get with minors??? seems dodgy.

Okay. First thing i truly believe is that if you aren't happy with spending time alone you will struggle in a relationship. Work on that and your confidence within yourself and who you are.

Are you coming up to girls and asking them? If you think you are being creepy or weird maybe analyse your behaviour and figure that out. Its also important to remember that sometimes when girls are going out they aren't looking for guys they just want to enjoy themselves. Maybe start with just having general conversations with women and chatting and making friends that way and the build up a relationship once you know each other and like each other. Just asking girls out often doesn't work especially long term. If it is just sex you want im sure sites such as tinder can help you with that
Another thing (sorry). You REALLY don't want girls coming up to you and asking you out, firstly girls hate doing this, it makes them feel humiliated even if you say yes, they always remember they asked you out and often hold it against you, it goes against the grain and it is the worst possible way to start dating a girl at almost every level. you just have to ask girls you fancy and show some interest in you out, there is no other way, sorry.
Another thing (sorry). You REALLY don't want girls coming up to you and asking you out, firstly girls hate doing this, it makes them feel humiliated even if you say yes, they always remember they asked you out and often hold it against you, it goes against the grain and it is the worst possible way to start dating a girl at almost every level. you just have to ask girls you fancy and show some interest in you out, there is no other way, sorry.

Guys hate doing this also, they also feel humiliated. So guess no dating will be happening anytime soon.

Well if it makes you feel any better bro, i’m 36 years old and have never dated or had a bf and i’m a virgin still haha.

i’m not too fussed. If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be, else i’ll just enjoy life as is. :smile:
Original post by boulderingislife
Well if it makes you feel any better bro, i’m 36 years old and have never dated or had a bf and i’m a virgin still haha.

i’m not too fussed. If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be, else i’ll just enjoy life as is. :smile:

What about being stuck alone on your own? Parents pass on, siblings if any get partners, etc. What about people to spend time with? share thoughts with? help motivate you? Go on holiday with to enjoy going out with? Etc.

I know we can't necessarily all find someone but I think many things can be better than living a single life permanently.

ur 26 and while yes, its unusual how u havent had one but its not too late. You tried dating apps? Use them. If you go to the gym, maybe make friends there? Most girls want to be friends before you start dating so when u talk to one, dont go into that friendship thinking ur gonna get a relationship out of it. Not many girls, including me will never ask someone out: its embarrassing, stressful and we overthink so if ur solely relying on a girl coming up to you, you are going to be waiting a while. Go to a nightclub or social events just to up ur game if you must?
W
Are you an introvert? that might make things harder but im sure theres nothing wrong with you. What sort of things do you say to girls that makes you question yourself as creepy? Or is it how you just present yourself?

you sound great to me tbh
What about being stuck alone on your own? Parents pass on, siblings if any get partners, etc. What about people to spend time with? share thoughts with? help motivate you? Go on holiday with to enjoy going out with? Etc.

I know we can't necessarily all find someone but I think many things can be better than living a single life permanently.

I’m ok on my own

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending