The Student Room Group

scared to fail the year

i dont know what to do, i feel like i will fail the year, i know i did badly in my exam and some of my coursework. Im only first year, but i'm still concerned about my grades slipping badly. I have informed the university about recent events negatively affecting my mental health which has caused this to happen, and i have some adjustments. I still have more exams coming up but im struggling. I think the content (maths) has become increasingly difficult and I'm finding it hard to keep up. My uni is rather strict so I am scared that if I fail thats it.
I understand that you are feeling stressed and anxious about your grades. It is important to remember that you are not alone. Many students struggle with their grades at some point in their academic career. The most important thing is to take steps to address the situation and to not give up.

It sounds like you have already taken some positive steps by talking to your university about your mental health. This is a great start. It is important to get help if you are struggling with your mental health, as it can have a significant impact on your academic performance.

In terms of your grades, it is important to start by identifying the areas where you are struggling. Once you know where you need help, you can start to develop a plan to improve your grades. There are a number of resources available to help you, such as tutoring, study groups, and online resources.

It is also important to remember that you are not the only one who has struggled with their grades. Many students fail a class at some point in their academic career. If you do fail a class, it is important to not give up. You can retake the class or appeal your grade. There are also a number of resources available to help you succeed in college, such as academic advisors and tutoring services.

I know that it is a lot to deal with, but I believe in you. You can do this. Just remember to take things one step at a time and to reach out for help when you need it.
Original post by Anonymous
i dont know what to do, i feel like i will fail the year, i know i did badly in my exam and some of my coursework. Im only first year, but i'm still concerned about my grades slipping badly. I have informed the university about recent events negatively affecting my mental health which has caused this to happen, and i have some adjustments. I still have more exams coming up but im struggling. I think the content (maths) has become increasingly difficult and I'm finding it hard to keep up. My uni is rather strict so I am scared that if I fail thats it.

Hello

I hope you're well. I am sorry to hear that you are struggling recently, I sincerely hope things get better for you. I would say do not focus whether or not you are going to fail or pass the year - focus on working hard as you can, given your current situation and see at the end. I would also see if you are entitled to defer or extend any deadlines to try and reduce the pressure on you, and give you more time to prepare.

Best of luck,
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending