The Student Room Group

Approximate of the financial help available for me

Hello,
I’m an adult nurse who’s considering to take up medicine next year, hopefully the accelerated medicine course.

I have a baby who would need a day care after my maternity leave and my husband who is in NHS has a yearly income of 35thousand. Even with this, if my salary will be gone due to pursuing education, we won’t be able to afford it based on my own research. I was hoping I can get more information about the help available for me.

I wan’t to study but I don’t want to burden my husband too much.
Original post by Eddielin
Hello,
I’m an adult nurse who’s considering to take up medicine next year, hopefully the accelerated medicine course.

I have a baby who would need a day care after my maternity leave and my husband who is in NHS has a yearly income of 35thousand. Even with this, if my salary will be gone due to pursuing education, we won’t be able to afford it based on my own research. I was hoping I can get more information about the help available for me.

I wan’t to study but I don’t want to burden my husband too much.

Hi there,

Although we don't yet have the 24/25 figures available right now, this calculator will give you a good idea of what funding you'll likely be entitled to: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Since you'll be studying medicine you may be entitled to help from the NHS, so it's definitely worth speaking to them directly. We'd also recommend checking with your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Although we don't yet have the 24/25 figures available right now, this calculator will give you a good idea of what funding you'll likely be entitled to: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Since you'll be studying medicine you may be entitled to help from the NHS, so it's definitely worth speaking to them directly. We'd also recommend checking with your university's Finance team to see if they can offer any help or advice.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you Graeme,

I’ll have a look at it.
I’m mostly worried with Child Grant as well cause my husband’s income is over 25 thousand and they mentioned of not being eligible if it’s over that 😩

I’ll have a look. 🙏🏻
Thanks again

Eddielin
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Thanks, Graeme

Do I put £0 as my income if I were to use the calculator on the question household income?

And just put my husband’s income?
Original post by Eddielin
Do I put £0 as my income if I were to use the calculator on the question household income?

And just put my husband’s income?

That's right, yes - you just include your husband's income, we don't take your own income into account at all.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending