The Student Room Group

student finance

my parents are divorced and my dad has nothing to do with me or our income, will my student finance be based just off my mums income?
Reply 1
Hey, it’s usually based on household income as a whole I believe
Reply 2
It’ll be based on the income of the household where you live. So if your dad doesn’t contribute to the household finances his income won’t be taken into account ´.
Reply 3
Original post by zqay
Hey, it’s usually based on household income as a whole I believe

Thank you, just worried because I’ve been allocated the basic amount when I should be entitled to the max and was wondering if this could be because they have asked for proof of marital status as I’ve not been asked for income proof at all.
Reply 4
Original post by Euapp
It’ll be based on the income of the household where you live. So if your dad doesn’t contribute to the household finances his income won’t be taken into account ´.

Thank you so much for this
Reply 5
Original post by ashlea.w4
Thank you so much for this

You’re welcome.
If he pays something to your mother towards your upkeep it will be those sums that are included as household income, but otherwise his salary doesn’t count normally.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ashlea.w4
Thank you, just worried because I’ve been allocated the basic amount when I should be entitled to the max and was wondering if this could be because they have asked for proof of marital status as I’ve not been asked for income proof at all.

Until you have provided proof of income you will only be given the minimum. Your mother will have to « sponsor » your application and provide proof of revenue in order for you to get more.
Once they have proof of marital status and your mum’s income they will adjust your maintenance loan accordingly
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending