The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge Application... Transcript Concerns

I'll be applying for the Mst History course at Cambridge later this year, and I'm a bit worried about my transcript, which has to be submitted as part of the application. All my grades this year have been between 74-78, but my grades in first year are much much lower.

My final grade will be based on my 3rd year marks, so I'm looking at being awarded a strong first, but I'm wondering if my 1st and 2nd year grades will hold me back / look bad on my application... Any thoughts?
Original post by Solstice1
I'll be applying for the Mst History course at Cambridge later this year, and I'm a bit worried about my transcript, which has to be submitted as part of the application. All my grades this year have been between 74-78, but my grades in first year are much much lower.

My final grade will be based on my 3rd year marks, so I'm looking at being awarded a strong first, but I'm wondering if my 1st and 2nd year grades will hold me back / look bad on my application... Any thoughts?

Hi @Solstice1

I'd probably suggest you to please get in touch with the university's admission team and the course leader as well as they'd be the right people to solve your query.:smile:

Kind regards
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

They ask for a degree grade, and as you can't get better than a 1st that's fine. The rest you have to live with, it's the grades you got. Presumably you struggled to come to terms with Uni style study in the first year and then got it for your second and third year - hardly an unusual situation.
All my grades this year have been between 74-78, but my grades in first year are much much lower.

The end result is key, and a strong upward trend over time, e.g. from a student that came from a sub-optimal school / took a while to find their feet at university is usually fine in these circumstances and can actually tell a very positive story.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending