The Student Room Group

Student Visa Application

Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying for my Student Visa and I'm unable to obtain my birth certificate.

Will other documents such as a household registration transcript, which also states my information (date of birth, location of birth, etc.), my parents information, and their relationship to me be accepted? It pretty much contains all the information a birth certificate would have.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by naturalforest
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying for my Student Visa and I'm unable to obtain my birth certificate.

Will other documents such as a household registration transcript, which also states my information (date of birth, location of birth, etc.), my parents information, and their relationship to me be accepted? It pretty much contains all the information a birth certificate would have.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

As far as I'm concerned if you've got your passport, then there should be no need for a birth certificate until or unless there are other concerns.
Hi @naturalforest,

Congratulations on your offer!

According to the government websites, the only documents you will need when applying for a Student Visa is a current passport and a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider.

Additional documents which would be helpful include proof you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course (this varies depending on your circumstances), a valid ATAS certificate if your course and nationality require it, proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18, or written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Reply 3
Talk to the University asap - ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending