The Student Room Group

Uni of Glasgow/ Sheffield/ Manchester for physics?

I have now received all my decisions from universities and have offers from Manchester (A*A*A), Glasgow (AAB), and Sheffield (ABB). I am really struggling on which one to pick, mainly as I have not been to Glasgow as of yet, due to not being able to make the offer holder day. I like Manchester as a uni, but as a city I am indifferent towards, and it’s pretty much the same with Sheffield, except I prefer the city slightly more. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do, on how good the unis are for physics/ well-being/ accommodation/ etc it is much appreciated!!

From what I can tell, most of the accommodation that I would prefer has already gone in these places so it isn’t an issue overall tbh, but I’d just like a little bit of an insight on what it’s like living in these places.

*I was predicted A*A*A from my gcse results, currently working at maybe AAB or three As it is hard to tell lol, however manchesters requirements will be achievable if I really put the work in*
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Glasgow is a great city and the uni is also well-regarded. But the other two unis and cities are both good too. Look at the course content at each uni and pick the uni with the most interesting modules (for you).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending