The Student Room Group

Access to HE Healthcare Professionals USP College

I have just started an online Access course with USP College. Has anybody else used them and what did you think? I'm only on the first two units and I don't know whether I'm understanding it as much as I should be? I have often struggled with homework, much preferring a classroom setting but I cannot do this where Iive due to work and childcare. The first two units are about information and applying for university but I can't work out whether short answers are good enough, but I struggle to not ramble on too much!
Original post by Studenttobemaybe
I have just started an online Access course with USP College. Has anybody else used them and what did you think? I'm only on the first two units and I don't know whether I'm understanding it as much as I should be? I have often struggled with homework, much preferring a classroom setting but I cannot do this where Iive due to work and childcare. The first two units are about information and applying for university but I can't work out whether short answers are good enough, but I struggle to not ramble on too much!

Hey, please do check with your tutor for more information but the focus of the these first two modules is more about providing you with some advice and guidance, therefore, short answers should be fine. Assuming you are doing a one year access course, you need to get your UCAS application in early and that is why these would be the first two modules of the course to help make sure you are not behind the curve during the application process.

Juggling study, work and childcare is such a difficult thing to do so you should be proud of yourself! Do you have an idea of what course you would like to do after completing your access? :smile:

- Luke
Original post by CCCUOfficial
Hey, please do check with your tutor for more information but the focus of the these first two modules is more about providing you with some advice and guidance, therefore, short answers should be fine. Assuming you are doing a one year access course, you need to get your UCAS application in early and that is why these would be the first two modules of the course to help make sure you are not behind the curve during the application process.

Juggling study, work and childcare is such a difficult thing to do so you should be proud of yourself! Do you have an idea of what course you would like to do after completing your access? :smile:

- Luke

Thanks, I just don't want to start thinking like I've bitten off more than I can chew! I would like to apply for a nursing degree next year- recently heard that Access courses expire after two years- does anybody know if that's true?! I've luckily got a tutor who seems to be quite good at replying so I think I'll be okay in that regard but the first assignment mentions search strategies and I've gotten in a tizz about not understanding it. Just need to get into the actual biology and anatomy units and I think I'll be more interested! :-)
Original post by Studenttobemaybe
Thanks, I just don't want to start thinking like I've bitten off more than I can chew! I would like to apply for a nursing degree next year- recently heard that Access courses expire after two years- does anybody know if that's true?! I've luckily got a tutor who seems to be quite good at replying so I think I'll be okay in that regard but the first assignment mentions search strategies and I've gotten in a tizz about not understanding it. Just need to get into the actual biology and anatomy units and I think I'll be more interested! :-)

Good question about it expiring, from what we are aware there is indeed a 2 year expiry but couldn't see anything which definitely confirmed this. If you are unsure if you do want to start next year you could always apply somewhere but then defer your offer to the next year so you don't need to worry about the access course expiring.

That's amazing that you have a good tutor, that makes such a difference to your experience so hopefully they can help out. There will always be bits you are looking forward too/do not enjoy as much so don't panic on that one! So much of nursing is having the right attitude and by the sounds of it you have that! If you are looking for any tips for during interviews for next year we actually have a really good video guide coming out soon which you might find useful. I will pop it in the thread once live in case you want to refer to it for your application.

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending