The Student Room Group

advice :)

i’m a 17 year old female doing a levels and i work on the weekends so i only really get to see my friends during half terms. sometimes i feel like my mother can be somewhat unfair when i’m going out but when it’s my brother who is younger than me, she lets him out later (he’s 14 going 15). he planned a cinema trip with his mate and was out from 6:30pm and got home around after 11. if it was me, she’d get annoyed. it’s just a bit unfair. even with uni she doesn’t want me to go away but she said my brother should and move at as soon as possible. my friend wants us to go out for dinner from 7 and end around 9:30. is that bad? she just treats me like a child at times and it’s so frustrating.
Reply 1
WOW

At age 17 going out 7-9.30 is hardly crime of the century. You are safe and out with someone known. It's not like you are on tinder looking for hook ups! - Your mum really needs to cut you some slack here frankly. Is it some sort of religious issue?

If you go to Uni you likely wont go out until after 9.00pm LOL or most likely having Pre's before you do anything...I understand that's all the thing these days

IF i were you i really would be looking to finish your A levels and secure a place away at University and start to live your own life. Sometimes a parent has to let you grow, its hard and you will always be their baby but you have to do it. This is your life to live not your parents.

My own daughter is 19 and at Bristol University. I worry, of course i do, but she is a young women now and needs her independence and i would be a total hypocrite to try and deny her that.

Have a chat with your mum and explain how you feel

Good Luck
Reply 2
Original post by LsDad
WOW

At age 17 going out 7-9.30 is hardly crime of the century. You are safe and out with someone known. It's not like you are on tinder looking for hook ups! - Your mum really needs to cut you some slack here frankly. Is it some sort of religious issue?

If you go to Uni you likely wont go out until after 9.00pm LOL or most likely having Pre's before you do anything...I understand that's all the thing these days

IF i were you i really would be looking to finish your A levels and secure a place away at University and start to live your own life. Sometimes a parent has to let you grow, its hard and you will always be their baby but you have to do it. This is your life to live not your parents.

My own daughter is 19 and at Bristol University. I worry, of course i do, but she is a young women now and needs her independence and i would be a total hypocrite to try and deny her that.

Have a chat with your mum and explain how you feel

Good Luck

i agree, it’s not really a religious thing tbh she’s just being unfair because i’m the oldest but she really treats me like a child at times. i feel like she should just let me have the opportunity LOL. but i will definitely speak about it again yes
thank you tho for responding:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending