The Student Room Group

How does child maintenance work?

My dad pays child maintenance direct from his wages but my mum claims she hasn't received any money.
My dad was appealing the case at some point but as far as I'm aware they have take 2 months work from him and my mum hasn't gotten any of the money.

How can this be? Where is the money? Are they holding it dealing with the appeal or what? Neither parent claims to have heard anything?

I'm at adult now so doesn't involve myself. Dad involved in children's life it's a messy situation.
Reply 1
Original post by Iamamazing22
My dad pays child maintenance direct from his wages but my mum claims she hasn't received any money.
My dad was appealing the case at some point but as far as I'm aware they have take 2 months work from him and my mum hasn't gotten any of the money.

How can this be? Where is the money? Are they holding it dealing with the appeal or what? Neither parent claims to have heard anything?

I'm at adult now so doesn't involve myself. Dad involved in children's life it's a messy situation.

Your mother should contact the CMS,
I think there are two ways to pay. Directly to your mum or through CMS. If it is via CMS and they haven't passed it onto your mum then your mum will need to speak to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending