The Student Room Group

Part time jobs in healthcare

Does anyone know how to approach for a part time job in healthcare or relevant field while doing masters?
You go to the NHS jobs or your local NHS trust website and look there for part-time job adverts and apply.

But in case you fail, I'd reccomend that you also look at being a care worker, which is healthcare / social care. It's the type of job that is always recruiting because no one wants to do it (due to some admittedly terrible pay and conditions) but you'd struggle to find another job that is as flexible as being a care worker, and it's clearly a popular choice amongst masters students (I've met like 5 masters students being a care worker).
Original post by Simransamudre
Does anyone know how to approach for a part time job in healthcare or relevant field while doing masters?

As per post #2 I would look at your local hospital trusts website for any HCA or auxiliary nurses vacancies and also look around your local area at care homes as they require staff to, some are run by the local council and others are privately owned.

Be prepared to work long Hours and even nightshifts and also be prepared to clean up the mess when patients toilet there bed which you'll unfortunately have to clean up as part of your job there.

Almost a qualified adult nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending