The Student Room Group

Uni of Sheffield Exams

So I'm curious about how the bioscience exams work
So I know for the first year all exams are multiple choice but are the questions based on lecture content and set reading or do they require any extra reading
Also in the second and third year, what are the exams like e.g. are they multiple choice, short answer and do you ever have to do a full essay in an exam hall
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm curious about how the bioscience exams work
So I know for the first year all exams are multiple choice but are the questions based on lecture content and set reading or do they require any extra reading
Also in the second and third year, what are the exams like e.g. are they multiple choice, short answer and do you ever have to do a full essay in an exam hall

Hey,
The type of exams varies for each course. But most of the biosciences department seem to be moving towards open-book written exams that test understanding of what you have learned rather than just memorisation. Most years tend to have some kind of multiple choice examination too though. Some modules like anatomy have multiple choice spotter examinations in the dissection room too. Some modules will have coursework rather than exams too or a mixture of both.
Hopefully some other students will be able to help answer this too.
Evie (MSc Anatomy with Education UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending