The Student Room Group

Pass 40% Fail exam

Hi,

I am first year of uni student, and this question makes me crazy...

" If I already pass the 40%(pass mark) of module, but fail in exam(lower than 40%), do I need to resit the exam? Is is pass or not? "
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

" If I already pass the 40%(pass mark) of module, but fail in exam(lower than 40%), do I need to resit the exam? Is is pass or not? "

We don't know your degree or module regulations. Check them.
Reply 2
It depends if the module is designed so that you must pass both components. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't.
Reply 3

I depends on your university's rules (and sometimes module-specific rules).

Sometimes, simply getting an overall pass mark for the module is sufficient. In some cases the rules might say that you need to get a pass mark in each individual component of the module. Or, for example, you might need to get at least 35% in each component, and a pass overall. Or that you need to make a bona fide attempt at each component (i.e. you can't just hand in a blank page) and get an overall pass.

There's simply too many possible options for anyone to make a guess. You need to check the applicable regulations to find out.
Hi,

It depends on the academic rules of your university.
Most of the time though you just have to get 40% in your module, even if you fail the exam. Universities also have condonation rules- ie you are allowed to fail upto 1 or 2 modules before you are called for a resit. However, this may vary from different universities ex if they do this only in 2nd and 3rd year.

Hope that helps:smile:
Vyomika

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending