The Student Room Group

Drawing in architecture

Im still going to apply to uni next year and I have no art experience whatsoever, so will i learn how to draw throughout studying the course, and how difficult would doing architecture be, also what can i do now to help me improve my artistic skills if ill be doing architecture??
Original post by mariajhones
Im still going to apply to uni next year and I have no art experience whatsoever, so will i learn how to draw throughout studying the course, and how difficult would doing architecture be, also what can i do now to help me improve my artistic skills if ill be doing architecture??

For the majority of courses you will be required to submit a portfolio of your creative work as part of the application process. Architecture degrees comrprise over 50% design modules so you really do need some artistic ability from the start. Are you a home or international student?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
For the majority of courses you will be required to submit a portfolio of your creative work as part of the application process. Architecture degrees comrprise over 50% design modules so you really do need some artistic ability from the start. Are you a home or international student?

I am an international student
Original post by mariajhones
I am an international student

@mariajhones If you're applying for architecture next year, the following thread shows the A level entry requirements for UK courses:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending