The Student Room Group

Unexpected Student Finance payment

Hi,

I received an unexpected student finance payment today and wanted to check that it was not a mistake. I can't get through to anyone on the phone, would you be able to point me in the right direction of how to contact someone?

Sophie
Original post by Slj2211
Hi,

I received an unexpected student finance payment today and wanted to check that it was not a mistake. I can't get through to anyone on the phone, would you be able to point me in the right direction of how to contact someone?

Sophie

Hi Sophie, Have you made any changes to your application recently? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
(Original post by SFE Karen)Hi Sophie, Have you made any changes to your application recently? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I recently applied for my first year of masters which got approved last week, I haven't made any changes since. I got a letter confirming how much i am entitled to for the 23/24 year but when I received this letter I also got one for the academic year 20/21 which was my undergrad course. I found this strange so now wonder whether the unexpected payment could be in relation to that?
Original post by Slj2211
(Original post by SFE Karen)Hi Sophie, Have you made any changes to your application recently? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

I recently applied for my first year of masters which got approved last week, I haven't made any changes since. I got a letter confirming how much i am entitled to for the 23/24 year but when I received this letter I also got one for the academic year 20/21 which was my undergrad course. I found this strange so now wonder whether the unexpected payment could be in relation to that?

In order for the team to check this you would need to contact the team via Live Chat on your account or via the helpline on 0300 100 0607 and the team can check this for you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
In order for the team to check this you would need to contact the team via Live Chat on your account or via the helpline on 0300 100 0607 and the team can check this for you. Thanks, Karen

Thanks, how do I find live chat? I have been trying to get through on the phone all day and haven't been able to
Original post by Slj2211
Thanks, how do I find live chat? I have been trying to get through on the phone all day and haven't been able to

To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

If you are unable to locate or access the Live Chat function you would need to contact our helpline on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser can assist you further.
Our helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday 9:00am to 4.00pm.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending