The Student Room Group

Student finance payments blocked

Hello, does anyone had the same issue? I just logged in to my student finance account and it shows that payment for April is blocked? Any reason why? I have received an email saying your next payment is due in April but nothing about blocked payments. I am really worried right now
Original post by Bambi0310
Hello, does anyone had the same issue? I just logged in to my student finance account and it shows that payment for April is blocked? Any reason why? I have received an email saying your next payment is due in April but nothing about blocked payments. I am really worried right now

Hi there,

It would be best to access your account so we can check this. We'd recommend sending us a live chat on your account on Monday morning from 9:00am: one of our team will be able to help.

Or, you can call us now on 0300 100 0607: we're open on Saturdays til 4pm.

Thanks, Graeme
(edited 1 year ago)
hi bambi i have that same problem saying payment has been blocked for April and student finance have contacted you and you should know about this which is weird
Reply 3
My uni by mistake sent a withdrawal letter and this caused the block on my student account. No I have to wait for 10 working days for the block to be removed and to receive the payments. Uni said they have sent resumption changes of circumstances. I am fuming what University actually done to me. And student finance are very quick to block payments but to resume the funding for some reason takes ages… so really hoping that this will get sorted soon. The payment is due on the 17th April and j am sure it won’t be sorted until then typical.. so angry and upset because I need money
My uni by mistake sent a withdrawal letter and this caused the block on my student account. No I have to wait for 10 working days for the block to be removed and to receive the payments. Uni said they have sent resumption changes of circumstances. I am fuming what University actually done to me. And student finance are very quick to block payments but to resume the funding for some reason takes ages… so really hoping that this will get sorted soon. The payment is due on the 17th April and j am sure it won’t be sorted until then typical.. so angry and upset because I need money

Hi there, unfortunately if the university notify us to say you have withdrawn from your course then your payments are automatically blocked. If the university have sent confirmation this was sent in error the team will review this and update this on your account. Thanks, Karen
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, unfortunately if the university notify us to say you have withdrawn from your course then your payments are automatically blocked. If the university have sent confirmation this was sent in error the team will review this and update this on your account. Thanks, Karen

University send CoC resumption but instead of working on it SFE cancelled my application for 22/23. So University send another resumption today. I made a formal complaint about SFE, because the why i was treated is unacceptable, the misleading information that I was given every time I rang and not actioning on the task when the first resumption was sent. I had to go through all the hassle to ask my uni to send another resumption, my application has cancelled now!!! I am not sure if I been told the correct information (I just don’t trust SFE advisors anymore) but second resumption was received on the 19th April and will take 11 days to process and after that my application will be updated from cancelled to approved and payments will be released within 5 working days. Is this correct? Or again something is missing and it’s not correct?!
University send CoC resumption but instead of working on it SFE cancelled my application for 22/23. So University send another resumption today. I made a formal complaint about SFE, because the why i was treated is unacceptable, the misleading information that I was given every time I rang and not actioning on the task when the first resumption was sent. I had to go through all the hassle to ask my uni to send another resumption, my application has cancelled now!!! I am not sure if I been told the correct information (I just don’t trust SFE advisors anymore) but second resumption was received on the 19th April and will take 11 days to process and after that my application will be updated from cancelled to approved and payments will be released within 5 working days. Is this correct? Or again something is missing and it’s not correct?!

Hi there, Yes, the current timescales you have been advised are currently correct but can change daily. Keep an eye on your online account for any updates. Thanks, Angela
Reply 7
Good morning, good to know that the time scale is correct. How about the fact that my cancelled application will be updated to approved? Is that truth?
Good morning, good to know that the time scale is correct. How about the fact that my cancelled application will be updated to approved? Is that truth?

Hi there, If you application status if currently cancelled it will need to reinstated and reapproved. Thanks, Angela
Reply 9
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, If you application status if currently cancelled it will need to reinstated and reapproved. Thanks, Angela

I am going through this very same thing and wondering how long it's gonna take my application wasn't cancelled but It was withdrawn resumption was sent for 17th when I went back and I'm currently still waiting for application to be approved. How much longer is this going to take. They keep saying different things

Hi there, We can look into your blocked payment, please contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending