The Student Room Group

Worried about pre-employment checks

Hi,

So I recently was offered a summer internship, which requires some pre-employment checks.

I haven’t lied about anything on my cv, but I think I might have put some experiences under the wrong headings.

I am the treasurer for a society at my uni, and completed a virtual internship (bright network) and I put these under relevant experience. Im worrying because these roles don’t have any references and I didn’t sign any contracts.

Will there be issues with these when it comes to pre-employment checks? Or am I just being paranoid.

Thanks
Original post by AIex4
Hi,

So I recently was offered a summer internship, which requires some pre-employment checks.

I haven’t lied about anything on my cv, but I think I might have put some experiences under the wrong headings.

I am the treasurer for a society at my uni, and completed a virtual internship (bright network) and I put these under relevant experience. Im worrying because these roles don’t have any references and I didn’t sign any contracts.

Will there be issues with these when it comes to pre-employment checks? Or am I just being paranoid.

Thanks

If the employer (or, more likely, the screening company they use) wanted to check that you were indeed the treasurer for a uni society, is there anyone they could email to verify that fact?

Similarly, if they wanted to check that you'd done the virtual internship, is there any way to verify that fact? If there anyone they could email? Was there a certificate of completion, or similar?

(In all likelihood they won't want to check anyway, but they should have some means of verifying what you've told them.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
If the employer (or, more likely, the screening company they use) wanted to check that you were indeed the treasurer for a uni society, is there anyone they could email to verify that fact?

Similarly, if they wanted to check that you'd done the virtual internship, is there any way to verify that fact? If there anyone they could email? Was there a certificate of completion, or similar?

(In all likelihood they won't want to check anyway, but they should have some means of verifying what you've told them.)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

On my CV, I put ‘squash society’ and just labelled treasurer, but I explain that it’s part of the student union in the description. There’s contact details for the student union on the website so I’m guessing they can verify through that.

For the internship, I got a certificate of completion which I could supply.

I just don’t really know the process that well… if they do need further information will they ask me directly and I can just sort it?
Original post by AIex4
Hi, thanks for the reply.

On my CV, I put ‘squash society’ and just labelled treasurer, but I explain that it’s part of the student union in the description. There’s contact details for the student union on the website so I’m guessing they can verify through that.

For the internship, I got a certificate of completion which I could supply.

I just don’t really know the process that well… if they do need further information will they ask me directly and I can just sort it?

If they need further information which they can't source themselves, they'll just contact you. It sounds like you have any necessary verification covered, so you can stop worrying. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
If they need further information which they can't source themselves, they'll just contact you. It sounds like you have any necessary verification covered, so you can stop worrying. :smile:

Yeah, I think I am just overthinking - thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending