The Student Room Group

Low self esteem

Every time I try to even act confident, I fail. Once I feel like I can do this, I can't. Not only that but I really really want to become a responsible person, but in every situation, I end up being the irresponsible one, e.g forgetting alot of stuff, continuously being anxious over something little until or unless it has passed. All of this result in my mind going blank and I don't even know whatever I'm saying. I feel like everyone's judging me, pitying me. I want to be comfortable around others, and just have a good time, and also be responsible for myself and be independent.
Reply 1
Original post by Bleeep-
Every time I try to even act confident, I fail. Once I feel like I can do this, I can't. Not only that but I really really want to become a responsible person, but in every situation, I end up being the irresponsible one, e.g forgetting alot of stuff, continuously being anxious over something little until or unless it has passed. All of this result in my mind going blank and I don't even know whatever I'm saying. I feel like everyone's judging me, pitying me. I want to be comfortable around others, and just have a good time, and also be responsible for myself and be independent.

sometimes you just have to not give a **** anymore, once you realise that these expectations and norms that you look up to are made by people so that they feel more confident in themselves, you wont care anymore. i mean, doing that alone is nerve wracking but you shouldnt be afraid to feel yourself if youre not hurting anyone or doing anything morally bad/illegal - being judged is a normal thing and a thing that everyone does to understand life. if you feel like people are staring at you or pitying you, shame on them. if you grow as a person and are making an active effort to then who are they to pity you, be ******* proud of yourself for at least wanting to stop that from happening to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending