The Student Room Group

Dealing with bully’s

Never did I think… at the age of 19 would there still be people out there who made me feel like I wasn’t enough and lacking in physical appearance.

Firstly I want to say, I don’t want sympathy or anything.. im just at a point now where I can’t take much longer. I’m already such a self critical person, so when someone else is rubbing it in any chance they get… it feels absolutely appalling.

He goes onto say that I’m skinny and I don’t go gym enough. Tbh I thought I was slim but not anorexic. That’s a bit far in my opinion. Just the whole day making fun of my arms. It’s annoying and I honestly felt like crying after some times (I already think and try to be better everyday, I know I’m not a 10/10 specimen).

Even my hair, it’s a bit messy but that’s the style. I didn’t think it looked bad, I thought it looks quite nice. But again and again saying stuff about my hair, which I already suffer with. Since the age of 15 I’ve had issues with my appearance and it rlly affects me.

I don’t even think I’m ugly, people in my family and loads of friends say I’m good looking. But when I get all the comments from one person the whole day which I can’t avoid… it really hurts and cancels all the good things ppl say.

Sorry if I went on for ages, today was just a terrible day - and I’ve just had enough of all the negativity.
Original post by Anonymous
Never did I think… at the age of 19 would there still be people out there who made me feel like I wasn’t enough and lacking in physical appearance.

Firstly I want to say, I don’t want sympathy or anything.. im just at a point now where I can’t take much longer. I’m already such a self critical person, so when someone else is rubbing it in any chance they get… it feels absolutely appalling.

He goes onto say that I’m skinny and I don’t go gym enough. Tbh I thought I was slim but not anorexic. That’s a bit far in my opinion. Just the whole day making fun of my arms. It’s annoying and I honestly felt like crying after some times (I already think and try to be better everyday, I know I’m not a 10/10 specimen).

Even my hair, it’s a bit messy but that’s the style. I didn’t think it looked bad, I thought it looks quite nice. But again and again saying stuff about my hair, which I already suffer with. Since the age of 15 I’ve had issues with my appearance and it rlly affects me.

I don’t even think I’m ugly, people in my family and loads of friends say I’m good looking. But when I get all the comments from one person the whole day which I can’t avoid… it really hurts and cancels all the good things ppl say.

Sorry if I went on for ages, today was just a terrible day - and I’ve just had enough of all the negativity.

Who is "he"? If you're in a regulated establishment (university, workplace), then you can report this person to the relevant officials. You don't have to accept unacceptable behaviour because of low self-esteem when you don't deserve it. A report will be taken seriously because you are now an adult, and if you have a clear record of this behaviour (perhaps written messages or witnesses that are willing to speak on your behalf), it will be dealt with swiftly and severely.

Don't let somebody else deprecate you into misery after working so hard on your self-confidence. Tell someone about this, including family and friends, so that they can help you overcome this and end the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending