The Student Room Group

Will SFE pay me for an extras years learning?

Title sums it up, I’m about to change my three year course to a four year one (the last year being a top up masters so I’ll graduate with an MSci), will SFE pay me a maintenance loan in my last year?
Original post by bimbibap
Title sums it up, I’m about to change my three year course to a four year one (the last year being a top up masters so I’ll graduate with an MSci), will SFE pay me a maintenance loan in my last year?
Hi there,

Are you doing an integrated masters now?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,

Are you doing an integrated masters now?

Thanks, Ross

No I’m in 3rd year, but I want to change my course to have an extra year.
No I’m in 3rd year, but I want to change my course to have an extra year.
Hi there,

How many years have you studied previously since leaving further education? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
I haven’t left, I’m in third year, I haven’t done any other courses/ degrees. I want to know if I change my course now, from a 3 year to a 4 year, will I get an maintenance Loan and tuition fee loan.
Hi there,

Can you confirm the name of your course and what university you attend? When does your academic year finish and are you doing an integrated masters? If its not an integrated masters do you mean you will finish your 3 year course and then go on to do a 1 year masters course?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
It’s Diagnostic radiography, I don’t want to say the uni, and yes it will be an integrated masters if I choose to extend my course for another year. I haven’t made that decision but I have to decide soon (or choose to graduate this year) so they can alter my course on the system. My course is called medical imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) Bsc, if I change jt, the course will be medical imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) MSc (integrated)
It’s Diagnostic radiography, I don’t want to say the uni, and yes it will be an integrated masters if I choose to extend my course for another year. I haven’t made that decision but I have to decide soon (or choose to graduate this year) so they can alter my course on the system. My course is called medical imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) Bsc, if I change jt, the course will be medical imaging (Diagnostic Radiography) MSc (integrated)
Thank you. Do you have any other previous study other than the 3 year course you are currently studying at the moment? Thanks, David
Reply 8
Original post by David SLC
Thank you. Do you have any other previous study other than the 3 year course you are currently studying at the moment? Thanks, David

No I haven’t, this is my first degree/ being in higher education
Thank you. Sorry could you also confirm would you be changing course to start this in the 25/26 Academic Year? Thanks again, David
Reply 10
2024/25, id start 4th year in September
Hi bimbibap,

We can offer you funding for the final, integrated masters year as long as you do not gain an undergraduate honours degree qualification before transferring, your university will need to confirm this when they send us the transfer task

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending