The Student Room Group

University Help

I am currently doing an foundation year at a uni in engineering. And my question is suppose you are unable to meet the numbers of marks you need to progress to first year at that specific uni. Is it possible a different uni will accept you with those marks attained. I am aware that every uni have their own requirements. But the uni that I currently attend is considered to be one of the top and so their standards are high. So if I essentially moved to a uni who's standards are not that high would they let me proceed to first year directly.
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently doing an foundation year at a uni in engineering. And my question is suppose you are unable to meet the numbers of marks you need to progress to first year at that specific uni. Is it possible a different uni will accept you with those marks attained. I am aware that every uni have their own requirements. But the uni that I currently attend is considered to be one of the top and so their standards are high. So if I essentially moved to a uni who's standards are not that high would they let me proceed to first year directly.

Well you don't know until you ask, but it sounds unlikely. The point of a foundation year is to get students who dont have the right background up to the level needed to take on the 1st year course. Failing to achieve that in university A is unlikely to impress university B. Remember that foundation years are not like A levels in that they dont follow well recognised and "transferable" standards.
Reply 2
Unlikely that another uni will accept a sub-par student.

Hi there,

This will really differ depending upon the Universities in question, and sometimes an acceptance/rejection on these terms is due to course capacity or University rules rather than your grades/academic standards. I would inquire at the Universities you are hoping to study at and go from there!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Hello,

Well, you can make inquiries directly with the school but it's very possible to use the marks to go to another university with a pass mark at least. But as you said every university has its own requirements and it depends on your desired course of study too.

Benedicta
Digital Student Ambassador UoS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending