The Student Room Group

Do A-Level grades matter for Masters applications?

I am already in university expecting to get a first. I did very poorly in A- Levels will this effect my chances to getting into a good university for Masters?
Reply 1
Original post by lolapaloza
I am already in university expecting to get a first. I did very poorly in A- Levels will this effect my chances to getting into a good university for Masters?

Hey, im just going to reference kcl for this but as far as their website says they are only concerned with your undergraduate course and expect a 2:1.
I’d suspect it’s the same with other unis, just check their website for their specific masters entry criteria.
AL’s will make little or no difference to the majority of postgrad applications.
Original post by lolapaloza

Hey @lolapaloza

Each university has different entry requirements for its postgraduate courses, however, it is very unlikely for them to require your A-levels. Most entry requirements require you to hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum pass of 2:2 or an equivalent professional qualification. I strongly suggest that you contact the universities you are thinking of applying to for their detailed entry requirements.

Best of luck!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending