The Student Room Group

Early Student Loan for Studying Abroad?

Would be possible to receive the first instalment of my student loan early?

I am currently studying on a year abroad course in the UK and am set to spend my third year in New Zealand. However, as I will be starting term at the beginning of July (the start of their second trimester), I am concerned that I will not be able to financially support myself in the initial few months before my student loan comes through in September.

The money I have been saving up has gone towards Visa, Insurance, Accommodation, and Flights etc., which has left me with little left to live on. Furthermore, with my dad's operation and recent unemployment, I cannot expect much or any financial support from my parents in this time.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Would it be possible to receive my usual student loan a few months early to be ready for the beginning of July?
Original post by Nova_Sphinx
Would be possible to receive the first instalment of my student loan early?

I am currently studying on a year abroad course in the UK and am set to spend my third year in New Zealand. However, as I will be starting term at the beginning of July (the start of their second trimester), I am concerned that I will not be able to financially support myself in the initial few months before my student loan comes through in September.

The money I have been saving up has gone towards Visa, Insurance, Accommodation, and Flights etc., which has left me with little left to live on. Furthermore, with my dad's operation and recent unemployment, I cannot expect much or any financial support from my parents in this time.

I am at a loss as to what to do. Would it be possible to receive my usual student loan a few months early to be ready for the beginning of July?

Hi Nova,

If you can contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we can check your course, application and assist you further with this query.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending