The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge PhD or NHS scientist training at St. Thomas?

I get 2 offers and need to decide in 48 hours. I appreciate your thoughts on my situation!

(1) Cambridge PhD in pharmaceutics (3-4 years), with a studentship covering local tution fee and living cost. Still need to pay 26k pounds tuition per year as im international. Probably can stay as a researcher or work in R&D of big pharma.

(2) NHS scientist training (3 years) at London St. Thomas hospital. Work experience and a vocational Msc degree. After tax salary is 36k and increases. Still need to pay London living cost. Very likely can stay in NHS after the programme ends.
Original post by southpacific
I get 2 offers and need to decide in 48 hours. I appreciate your thoughts on my situation!

(1) Cambridge PhD in pharmaceutics (3-4 years), with a studentship covering local tution fee and living cost. Still need to pay 26k pounds tuition per year as im international. Probably can stay as a researcher or work in R&D of big pharma.

(2) NHS scientist training (3 years) at London St. Thomas hospital. Work experience and a vocational Msc degree. After tax salary is 36k and increases. Still need to pay London living cost. Very likely can stay in NHS after the programme ends.

Which career do you prefer?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending