The Student Room Group

Can I apply as an international student???

Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am hoping that I've got the right forum. Really appreciate you having a read.

There is a masters course that I would love love love to take. I meet the admission requirements as an international student, but not a UK student. I would like to apply as an international student because I am not from the UK and neither is my degree. However, I am a citizen here and have lived in the UK for 9 years. I'm afraid the uni will make me apply as a UK student. :frown:

Any advice on how to get into this programme as an international student?

Thanks Everyone. I hope I will be able to find this post once I submit it!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by HelloNie
Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I am hoping that I've got the right forum. Really appreciate you having a read.

There is a masters course that I would love love love to take. I meet the admission requirements as an international student, but not a UK student. I would like to apply as an international student because I am not from the UK and neither is my degree. However, I am a citizen here and have lived in the UK for 9 years. I'm afraid the uni will make me apply as a UK student. :frown:

Any advice on how to get into this programme as an international student?

Thanks Everyone. I hope I will be able to find this post once I submit it!

'Any advice on how to get into this programme as an international student?'
I'm sorry, but I don't think you can. If you lived in the UK for 9 years and have a citizenship, you'll have to meet the admission requirements as an UK student. I guess you can give up the citizenship and apply as an international student, but it would cost more(the international student fees are much more expensive), and it would be pretty complicated. I think the most reasonable way is to do what the university requires, I wish you good luck.
Reply 2
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm happy to say that the university has confirmed this morning that I meet the requirements for the country I studied in. So it's great news. Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending