The Student Room Group

Can I be an international student?

Hello everyone. I have posted this question already but can't find it here. It's my first time using this Website. I appreciate you having a read.

There is a masters course that I would like to apply to. I meet the requirements as an international student, but not a home student. I am international and so is my degree, but I have UK citizenship and have lived here for 9 years. I am afraid the uni will make me apply as a home student, and then I won't be eligible.

Any advice on how to get in as an international student?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi,
Maybe you could ask the admissions team for guidance on your situation? We're from overseas and a relative had some kind of checks with her DBS/passport when applying for uni (can't remember what tbh) to see if she qualified as a home student - we've been in the UK since I was born.
Reply 2
Hi thanks for your help. So you're saying she's been in the UK your whole life and they still considered her international? Wow.

I forgot to mention that I emailed admissions but they didn't reply. You're right, I should just phone them.
Reply 3
Navigating international and home student distinctions can be tricky. I'd recommend reaching out directly to the university's admissions team. Explain your unique situation with your UK citizenship and international degree, seeking clarification on the appropriate application category for someone in your position. They'll provide tailored guidance to ensure you apply correctly as an international student, securing your eligibility for the master's program. Good luck with your application process! My suggestion is call them or meet them in the admin office.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending