The Student Room Group

Summer jobs for a uni student?

Hi - I’m wondering if anyone can recommend good temporary summer jobs for a uni student. I don’t really want to do retail (as I’ve worked in retail the last two years) and would like something potentially a bit more stimulating, and also something that would look more interesting on my CV. Maybe something office-based or doing some sort of administration or something? But I’m not really sure where to start looking!
Reply 1
Office type jobs can be hard to get for such short contracts, but you could possibly look into some sort of receptionist work? GP surgeries or hotels can be good for this. Otherwise, try Care Homes as they are always in need of staff and the jobs can typically involve admin. If not, coffee shops are always a safe bet. Just have a look on the job sites and see what’s around in your area! 😀
Original post by bluewhale87
Hi - I’m wondering if anyone can recommend good temporary summer jobs for a uni student. I don’t really want to do retail (as I’ve worked in retail the last two years) and would like something potentially a bit more stimulating, and also something that would look more interesting on my CV. Maybe something office-based or doing some sort of administration or something? But I’m not really sure where to start looking!

Hi @bluewhale87 ,

Some things you could look into doing that are a bit more stimulating and not office based can be working in summer camps for children/young people. If you want a more office based role, as @Belle H mentioned receptionist work might be available. You could also look for jobs in marketing, creative industry.

I hope this helps.

Alia
University of Kent Student Reps
Original post by bluewhale87

There may not be much in the way of office stuff just for the summer, not for such short contracts.
But if there are any theme parks/touristy type places/days out, local holiday clubs etc near you then they may recruit for summer staff. As a lot of families/tourists etc go in the summer holidays. For example my cousin got a job at a zoo during the summer.
Mcdonalds are very flexible and you can transfer stores, so you can work at one store at uni then one store at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending