The Student Room Group

Why don't my friends message me?

I'm a University student and have 7 friends from various friendship groups and none of them ever message me. If I message them, they always reply and don't seem in any way annoyed. It's been like this for a year and was also like this with friends I had at school. The only reason I can think of is that I always message them so they never get a chance to message me. It would be nice if someone would say "how are you?" or "guess what good thing happened to me?" or "how did your thing go?" every once in a while. I'm not expecting them to message me every day, even if it was just one or two of them every few weeks. I do see some of these people regularly but in the summer I hear nothing from them.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong which is meaning they don't message me? Thanks
Reply 1
hi ! i’ve been in this situation before too so i’d usually reach out to message them first & tell them about what i’ve done n stuff but then sometimes it can be that they’re busy or they’re enjoying their own free time which is fine however you’re probably wanting that connection outside of school or wherever you see them everyday, since you can’t force them to text you, get comfortable in your own company at home and definitely pick up some hobbies or shows to get busy
Reply 2
Have you discussed it with them, the actual friends, before asking random strangers on TSR?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending