The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

UoN Foundation engineering and physical sciences program (FEPs)

Hey everyone,
I'm going into the FEPS program this year and was wondering if anyone else is doing the same? I don't know anyone doing it so it'd be nice to connect with some of you guys

(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!! Finally found a chat room (I reckon change the name as I didn't know at first that was an abbreviation)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by zoe.grem
Hey!! Finally found a chat room (I reckon change the name as I didn't know at first that was an abbreviation)

Omg hi! I honestly thought I was the only one doing the course 😭
I’ll change it yeah!
What course are you hoping to move on to after the foundation year?
Reply 3
Original post by harrytdn
Omg hi! I honestly thought I was the only one doing the course 😭
I’ll change it yeah!
What course are you hoping to move on to after the foundation year?

Honestly same!! And hopefully Civil engineering, but not to sure yet...
What about you?
Reply 4
Oh and I would add '(FEPS)' in brackets just incase there are people (unlike me) who actually knew the abbreviations! LOL
Reply 5
Honestly same!! And hopefully Civil engineering, but not to sure yet...
What about you?

Probably mechanical or aero engineering I’m not sure either 😭
got ages to decide though
are you absolutely bricking it to go to uni orrr 😅
Reply 6
Probably mechanical or aero engineering I’m not sure either 😭
got ages to decide though
are you absolutely bricking it to go to uni orrr 😅

Oh thats sick!!
I'm feeling actually okay, very exited to start. More nervy about the foundation programme.
Do you have any clue how many people will be doing it?
And how come you are bricking it? I promise there are people all in the same boat as well, its the unknowing of what will actually happen. My older brother just said the best thing to do is go in with an open mind.
Reply 7
Also you were very brave to start a whole new thread for a very niche course, so well done for that!!
Reply 8
I have no idea, maybe 100? I remember at the offer holder day there were maybe 30 people in the room.

I think I’m just irrationally nervous about the social bits because I know literally no one going to Nottingham - I know I’ll be fine but it’s just the lead up to going if you know what I mean. Your brother sounds smart lol
Reply 9
When was the offer holder day?
And very weird question, but were there many girls?
And trust me everyone is nervous for the social aspect of uni. Every negative feeling you have, other people feel the same way.
Reply 10
When was the offer holder day?
And very weird question, but were there many girls?
And trust me everyone is nervous for the social aspect of uni. Every negative feeling you have, other people feel the same way.

Oh uhm I think it was before exams so April time? It was a while ago
That’s not a weird question don’t worry haha- I’d say 30-40% were girls?
yeaa it’ll be fine 🙏🙏
Reply 11
Oh uhm I think it was before exams so April time? It was a while ago
That’s not a weird question don’t worry haha- I’d say 30-40% were girls?
yeaa it’ll be fine 🙏🙏

Oh great thank you! just saw on uni guide that there were like 36% girls and was like ... so just wanted to check.
Did they say anything about the process after the foundation course ended, and what percentage of people continue to their chosen course?
Reply 12
Oh great thank you! just saw on uni guide that there were like 36% girls and was like ... so just wanted to check.
Did they say anything about the process after the foundation course ended, and what percentage of people continue to their chosen course?

Yeah! So it varies depending on the destination course but you have to get around 40% on average amongst all your modules to pass. It’s 60% exams 40% coursework or something of that variety. I’m paraphrasing quite a lot but they said 95% of people pass and go through to their desired course!
It’s 80% maths and 20% physics too-
Reply 13
Yeah! So it varies depending on the destination course but you have to get around 40% on average amongst all your modules to pass. It’s 60% exams 40% coursework or something of that variety. I’m paraphrasing quite a lot but they said 95% of people pass and go through to their desired course!
It’s 80% maths and 20% physics too-

oooo thats great to know, tysm
lets hope in a couple days more people will start joining in on the thread 🙏
Reply 14
oooo thats great to know, tysm
lets hope in a couple days more people will start joining in on the thread 🙏

Yeah I hope so too!
what accom are you staying in if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 15
Yeah I hope so too!
what accom are you staying in if you don’t mind me asking?

i wish i could private message you but its not allowing me 😒
Reply 16

Idk if I’m allowed to say but my insta is @harr.yd01
Reply 17
Oh I forgot- there’s a few group chats on WhatsApp which has an engineering chat inside it, there might be a couple people from FEPs inside it but I’m yet to meet anyone 🤷*♂️

Hi guys, I am just wondering if it is possible to go to BArch Architecture after the FEPS. Architecture is definitely the subject I want to study and I hope FEPS can branch off onto that course. I looked at the modules, and it says it needs a successful portfolio alongside passing the foundation. I need further clarification on this please :smile:
Original post by GoldenAriesAndy
Hi guys, I am just wondering if it is possible to go to BArch Architecture after the FEPS. Architecture is definitely the subject I want to study and I hope FEPS can branch off onto that course. I looked at the modules, and it says it needs a successful portfolio alongside passing the foundation. I need further clarification on this please :smile:

Architecture courses in the UK comprise around 50% or more design modules so most unis ask that a portfolio of creative work is submitted as part of the application process. Nottingham's portfolio guidance for the K100 architecture course is here:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/engineering/departments/abe/portfolio-guidance.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending