The Student Room Group

Just missing out on grades - Decision to make an offer.

If one were to miss out on their grades - do you think that going to an open day may help their chances of being accepted? For instance do you think/know the admission tutors will have a conversation where one says something along the lines of “A has been to an open day and is a decent person however B has not been to a single open day or showed any interest beyond accepting the offer so we will go with A”
Reply 1
Original post by Yaluquin
If one were to miss out on their grades - do you think that going to an open day may help their chances of being accepted? For instance do you think/know the admission tutors will have a conversation where one says something along the lines of “A has been to an open day and is a decent person however B has not been to a single open day or showed any interest beyond accepting the offer so we will go with A”

Most likely not. I have gotten offers from unis I've never visited and got rejected from a uni (where I met the entry requirements) after attending an open day and meeting course tutors. If you slightly miss your offer it's up to the uni to accept or reject you with more competitive courses being less likely to reject near misses.
Original post by Yaluquin

Going to an open day wont make a difference. Some accept dropped grades others dont. It depends on how competitive the course is and whether there are spare spaces.
Reply 3
We see thousands of people at Open Days - and we are never going to 'favour' those who attend even if we could remember who you were, as that would hardly be fair on everyone else would it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending