The Student Room Group

Removed by a guy I was seeing

I was seeing a guy for about two months, feelings seemed super mutual and he was basically lovebombing me at the start. He became distant after the third time we hung out, even though he walked me home and kissed me goodbye. A few weeks later he messaged me saying that he was distant because he had a lot on his mind about how he wasn’t ready for a relationship because he’s moving to another country soon. He then asked me what I wanted out of the situation and said that regardless of what happens he hopes to keep in contact. I replied telling him that given the circumstances of him moving away I was willing to see how things go and not put pressure on the situation. A few days later I realised he had removed me on everything without even reading that reply, even though he was the one who asked me to tell him how I felt. I’m just left so hurt and confused? Why would he do this? I haven’t reached out to him since, even though I have so many questions because I don’t wanna give him the satisfaction.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I was seeing a guy for about two months, feelings seemed super mutual and he was basically lovebombing me at the start. He became distant after the third time we hung out, even though he walked me home and kissed me goodbye. A few weeks later he messaged me saying that he was distant because he had a lot on his mind about how he wasn’t ready for a relationship because he’s moving to another country soon. He then asked me what I wanted out of the situation and said that regardless of what happens he hopes to keep in contact. I replied telling him that given the circumstances of him moving away I was willing to see how things go and not put pressure on the situation. A few days later I realised he had removed me on everything without even reading that reply, even though he was the one who asked me to tell him how I felt. I’m just left so hurt and confused? Why would he do this? I haven’t reached out to him since, even though I have so many questions because I don’t wanna give him the satisfaction.

The worst thing you can do is reply or anything, etc. Usually they come crawling back, weeks, months and sometimes even years. It’s hard now because it felt like things were going right, but for now it’s just about prioritising yourself and realising it’s not ok for someone to treat you like that. He made excuses and ran away and that could’ve been for many more reasons. You can and will find someone better if you want, he wasn’t serious and clearly not mature. Three month rule is a real thing, because people can only keep up an act for so long. I hope you feel better soon x He’s not worth your time x
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

He used you for sex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending