The Student Room Group

Why did he unadd me?

So I and this guy started talking a while back, I was going through some things at the time which caused him to think I friend-zoned him. We confessed our feelings but have come to the conclusion that it probably wouldn't work out as he had a past I didn't agree (drug dealing) with and he said I deserve better than that. I was really hurt I thought more could still happen as we would still flirt and whatnot. But we both just stayed best friends talking all day. Fast forward and he started talking to this girl and told me, granted I was lowkey hurt and just had to accept that we would ever only be friends, so we had stopped talking for a bit. Then we started talking again and I found out that they had broken up. She went onto his phone and blocked me on every social media. He then unblocked me, and this was going on and off for a few days until one day I woke up blocked on everything and I couldn't contact him which meant they were back together. Months pass by and recently I noticed he unblocked me on Snapchat and I pressed the add button to see if I was actually still unblocked or if it was just a glitch. But it did add him and I tried to remove him but it didn't work so I just left it. He added me back (I didn't message him) then removed me the next day but didn't block me. I just don't understand why he added me back just to remove me, and why he unblocked me.
Original post by Anonymous
So I and this guy started talking a while back, I was going through some things at the time which caused him to think I friend-zoned him. We confessed our feelings but have come to the conclusion that it probably wouldn't work out as he had a past I didn't agree (drug dealing) with and he said I deserve better than that. I was really hurt I thought more could still happen as we would still flirt and whatnot. But we both just stayed best friends talking all day. Fast forward and he started talking to this girl and told me, granted I was lowkey hurt and just had to accept that we would ever only be friends, so we had stopped talking for a bit. Then we started talking again and I found out that they had broken up. She went onto his phone and blocked me on every social media. He then unblocked me, and this was going on and off for a few days until one day I woke up blocked on everything and I couldn't contact him which meant they were back together. Months pass by and recently I noticed he unblocked me on Snapchat and I pressed the add button to see if I was actually still unblocked or if it was just a glitch. But it did add him and I tried to remove him but it didn't work so I just left it. He added me back (I didn't message him) then removed me the next day but didn't block me. I just don't understand why he added me back just to remove me, and why he unblocked me.

honestly, this sounds like he placed you through such a rollercoaster of emotions, that leaving him might be a better choice than chasing after him. On top of a dangerous past, he is also letting his life get controlled by an overly-jealous girlfriend controlling him. Is this the kind of relationship you wish for, having to constantly worry about why he blocks/unblocks, adds/unadds you?

This is your judgement to call, but all I’m saying is that your youth is too short to waste it on toxic men.
Reply 2
honestly, this sounds like he placed you through such a rollercoaster of emotions, that leaving him might be a better choice than chasing after him. On top of a dangerous past, he is also letting his life get controlled by an overly-jealous girlfriend controlling him. Is this the kind of relationship you wish for, having to constantly worry about why he blocks/unblocks, adds/unadds you?

This is your judgement to call, but all I’m saying is that your youth is too short to waste it on toxic men.

thank you, i think it’s just the attachment of him being the first guy i really felt like i had a connection. but no it’s not what i want.
thank you, i think it’s just the attachment of him being the first guy i really felt like i had a connection. but no it’s not what i want.

That’s completely valid and I know the feeling myself. That’s why you have to prioritise yourself and have fun. Forget him, you deserve better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending