The Student Room Group

Notes

best note taking?
Reply 1
Original post by RewindtheClock
best note taking?

Pen and paper
Hi

I feel like note-taking is very personal but I will gladly share my way and tips with you. It might be that they will work for you :wink:

Before lectures, I always prepare notes in Word based on a PowerPoint presentation that was uploaded earlier. This allows me to familiarise myself with the subject of the lecture and focus on what the lecturer is saying, rather than writing down every word. I complement the document when the lecturer develops his thoughts or highlights the most important parts of the lesson. Finally, after the lecture, I format the notes, adding colors, underlines and bolding the text. This way I consolidate my knowledge and I have ready readable and aesthetic notes for review before exams.

Those who are fans of handwriting can also try this method. I think it'll be just as effective, but more time-consuming. However, something different for everyone :colone:

I hope that was helpful! If you happen to have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them here or on The Ambassador Platform, where you can chat with me.

Take care,

Julia :h:
Reply 3
If you know the slides your lecturer is using will be available after class, don't waste time noting down everything on the slides during the lecture - you will already have that information. If the slides are available before the lecture, it's useful to at least quickly review them so you have an idea of what content will covered as Julia mentioned above :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending