The Student Room Group

Bad way to deal with a break up?

It is bad that's I'm ok with the break up because I've told myself that he'll come back? I know I'm probably being delusional and in denial, and it will all hit me at a later date. It's probably not a healthy way to deal with it, but it's working for me currently. The only think preventing me from balling my eyes out all day everyday.
oh, babes, sometimes you have to ball, it'll help, i promise, or it'll hit back a million times harder later, i mean like not getting out of bed, barely eating, or worse, i don't want that for you, and i understand it hurts, i do, but you can't keeping doing this to yourself, ik it hurts but you have to get out and do things with your friends, listen to sad songs, eat a pound of ice cream haha, but.....if you keep pushing through it this way, you'll lead further and further into depression. i promise it's not you. you're enough. you deserve to be happy. you deserve every ounce of happiness, i promise that you were never NOT enough, you are the perfect amount, you don't have to change yourself, and if he couldn't see that, then he didn't deserve you, you'll find someone who'll make you feel good (emotionally), happy, give you enough attention, and who'll make you feel like enough, 'cause in reality, you are, you got this, we're all here for you <3
Original post by Anonymous
It is bad that's I'm ok with the break up because I've told myself that he'll come back? I know I'm probably being delusional and in denial, and it will all hit me at a later date. It's probably not a healthy way to deal with it, but it's working for me currently. The only think preventing me from balling my eyes out all day everyday.

Why did you break up?
Reply 3
Original post by absentfather3000
oh, babes, sometimes you have to ball, it'll help, i promise, or it'll hit back a million times harder later, i mean like not getting out of bed, barely eating, or worse, i don't want that for you, and i understand it hurts, i do, but you can't keeping doing this to yourself, ik it hurts but you have to get out and do things with your friends, listen to sad songs, eat a pound of ice cream haha, but.....if you keep pushing through it this way, you'll lead further and further into depression. i promise it's not you. you're enough. you deserve to be happy. you deserve every ounce of happiness, i promise that you were never NOT enough, you are the perfect amount, you don't have to change yourself, and if he couldn't see that, then he didn't deserve you, you'll find someone who'll make you feel good (emotionally), happy, give you enough attention, and who'll make you feel like enough, 'cause in reality, you are, you got this, we're all here for you <3

Oh I have balled, for days & days don't you worry. He said it was nothing to do with me, was all on him dealing with his own issues and that it wasn't fair on me, which I completely respect. But I'm obviously gonna think it has something to do with me because if it wasn't, we'd still be together now?
love, sometimes ppl have their problems, it might actually have nothing to do with you 'cause you seem like a wonderful person, but maybe he's stressed? depressed? feels like he's not enough? he may be feeling like you are now
Reply 5
Original post by Alicia stars
Why did you break up?

Basically he couldn't commit due to being badly hurt in the past. We both really liked eachother and said we'd never felt the same about anyone before, but he has his own stuff he needs to deal with and had to take himself fully out of the situation to deal with it. I'm completely heartbroken but respect his honesty.
Reply 6
love, sometimes ppl have their problems, it might actually have nothing to do with you 'cause you seem like a wonderful person, but maybe he's stressed? depressed? feels like he's not enough? he may be feeling like you are now

Thank you, you're too kind. Yeah I think he is probably feeling a lot of those things, I wanted to be there to help him with that but he needs to deal with it on his own apparently?
i understand where he's coming from, and i respect, sometimes it's hard to feel super insecure abt the past and if that person actually likes you, i keep feeling like nobody actually cares abt me or if they are just friends with me just to get something out of it, so maybe he feels this way?
sometimes it hurts to deal with it with others, you feel like your useless, or like your not worth the struggle, it's hard to trust after such pain in the past, it's hard to put your problems on others for the fear that they may leave you and think of you as a "pick-me"
Reply 9
i understand where he's coming from, and i respect, sometimes it's hard to feel super insecure abt the past and if that person actually likes you, i keep feeling like nobody actually cares abt me or if they are just friends with me just to get something out of it, so maybe he feels this way?

But he knows I like him, I've told him I have very strong feelings from him. He even asked me if I was in love with him, which I was shocked by and didn't really know how to answer. I don't know why he would have asked me that after ending things with me? Confused me even more.
even when people tell you things like that, it's hard to trust, people like me think differently, even if my bf were to tell me he loved me, it's hard to trust that he's not with someone else, even tho i know he means it, it's just so hard
Reply 11
sometimes it hurts to deal with it with others, you feel like your useless, or like your not worth the struggle, it's hard to trust after such pain in the past, it's hard to put your problems on others for the fear that they may leave you and think of you as a "pick-me"

He was so open with other things, and we had a very long conversation about his past relationship in which he opened up about. So he obviously can talk to me about things, but if this is something he needs to deal with on his own then all I can do is respect that decision. I don't want to bombard him as I've already done that a bit and it definitely didn't work in my favour.
Reply 12
even when people tell you things like that, it's hard to trust, people like me think differently, even if my bf were to tell me he loved me, it's hard to trust that he's not with someone else, even tho i know he means it, it's just so hard

I told him he needs to stop punishing himself for something that's in the past and he is allowed to be happy. He agreed with this. But still needs his space?
it's really hard to get over such things whether they agree or not, it'll never disappear, it's hard to be happy even if you have plenty of people who care abt you, sometimes you just feel lonely even tho you may be surrounded by people, it's like your in a fog, trying to find yourself with no light, you just can't
it's hard to find what you need at the moment or what you want, specifically when your head is filled
Basically he couldn't commit due to being badly hurt in the past. We both really liked eachother and said we'd never felt the same about anyone before, but he has his own stuff he needs to deal with and had to take himself fully out of the situation to deal with it. I'm completely heartbroken but respect his honesty.

I bet he lied and really only wanted to get in your pants
Reply 16

Go and watch inception, it's a pretty good movie.
Reply 17
Original post by Alicia stars
I bet he lied and really only wanted to get in your pants

He's literally not like that in the slightest. Quite possibly the most respectful boy I've ever met, we waited a while before we even had sex.
Reply 18
It’s a reasonable coping mechanism in the short term. I have kept optimistic in this way too. It allows a more gradual coming to terms with things which I think is helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending