The Student Room Group

Can I enter clearing if I still get into my back up uni?

Well the title is pretty self explainatory, basically the uni I have firmed has a grade requirement of A*AA, I got ACCC in my AS levels and I geniunely cannot gauge how well i have done in my final exams, I think they went well but you can never tell with these things. My insurance uni is one in London, which at the time of confirming my choices wasn't a problem, however my financial situation has changed in the past few months and I don't think I could sustain living there even with a maintainance loan. I was just wondering if I don't get into my top choice do I have to stick to my back up or can I enter into clearing anyway and try to get into a uni in an area which is more sustainable to live in
Yes.

If either your firm or insurance choice go unconditional, you’ll have the option of releasing yourself into clearing via Hub.
Original post by jwalker109685
Well the title is pretty self explainatory, basically the uni I have firmed has a grade requirement of A*AA, I got ACCC in my AS levels and I geniunely cannot gauge how well i have done in my final exams, I think they went well but you can never tell with these things. My insurance uni is one in London, which at the time of confirming my choices wasn't a problem, however my financial situation has changed in the past few months and I don't think I could sustain living there even with a maintainance loan. I was just wondering if I don't get into my top choice do I have to stick to my back up or can I enter into clearing anyway and try to get into a uni in an area which is more sustainable to live in

Hi!! if you end up with your insurance choice and you decide you don't want it anymore, you can just decline the offer and It'll automatically make you eligible for clearing! Personally, I would check with the courses available in other Universities you are interested in through clearing first before declining!
At least if there are no courses you are interested in the other universities, you still have a backup offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending